Thank you for your interest in signing up to interact-ABI-lity!
You can sign up for access to the program using the form at the bottom of this page.
We are also inviting people who sign up for the program to participate in a research study. You can read more about this below.
If you want access to the program but do not wish to participate in the research study, you can let us know when registering. You can choose “No” in the section titled, “Consenting to participate in this research study” and we will not use your program data for the research.
Study Information Sheet and Consent
Self-guided online resources for improving communication after brain injury
- Professor Leanne Togher (Head Researcher)
- Phone: +61 2 9351 9639 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello! Our names are:
- Professor Leanne Togher
- Dr Melissa Brunner
- Dr Rachael Rietdijk
- Ms Kylie Southwell
- Associate Professor Emma Power
- Dr Amanda French
- Ms Sonia Lau
What is this about?
We are doing a study about whether the interact-ABI-lity online course helps people to know more and feel more confident about interacting with people with an acquired brain injury. We are asking people who sign up for the course if they would like to be part of the study.
You can choose to take part, but you don’t have to. You can still access the interact-ABI-lity course if you do not want to be in the study. The next sections will tell you more about what will happen so you can make up your mind. You can discuss this information with a family member or friend if needed.
What will happen if I say yes?
If you decide you want to be in our study, this is what will happen:
- We will ask you some questions about your background. You can skip any you prefer not to answer. You can ask a family member or friend to help with the questions if needed.
- You can do as much of the interact-ABI-lity course as you like. You can ask a family member or friend to help you with the course if needed.
- We will send you one email reminder after you sign up for the course. We won’t contact you again with any more reminders.
- If you don’t want to finish the course, we won’t contact you.
- If you complete the course, we will email you to ask you to complete one follow-up questionnaire after three months.
- We will analyse your data from the course and questionnaire.
You can contact us with questions at any time.
What are the good or bad things about the study?
Using your data for this study will help us work out if interact-ABI-lity is helpful, and how we can improve it.
You won’t get anything for taking part, but you will be helping us do our study. Once we have finished the study, we will email you with a summary of the findings.
What are your rights?
We will store your data securely at the University of Sydney. Your data is linked to the email address you have used when registering for the course, but not to any other identifying information. Your information will only be used for the purpose of this research project. Only the research team will have access to the data. We will analyse the data and report it in presentations and publications. We won’t use your name when reporting on the study findings.
You can change your mind about participating. You can tell us to delete your data by emailing Professor Leanne Togher at email@example.com. You would need to ask us before we finalise the study findings.
What if I am not happy about the study?
If you are not happy with how we are doing the study and want to contact someone else, you can:
You can click here for a PDF copy of this information for you to keep